What is TIMS ? and how to get TIMS permits for your trek in Nepal?
TIMS is called Trekkers information Management System. TIMS only you get through either from Nepal government registered trekking agency or from TAAN office. Our company at Gokyo Treks and Expedition provides Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) permit only who agree to take our service on their Trip to Himalaya, hope you know better about how to get TIMS permits.
A provision of Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) has been implemented to control illegal trekking operations and ensure safety and security of the trekkers in general trekking areas through this mechanism. The past experiences have shown that difficulties have been faced while carrying out rescue operations promptly during the times of accidents and natural calamities. Because of lack of proper record system of trekkers, their exact whereabouts and the information about trekking routes, rescue and search missions used to face difficulties in spotting the trekkers missing. The provision of Trekkers’ Information Management System – TIMS has come into force and updated from April 1st 2010. Trekking Agencies Association of Nepal and Nepal Tourism Board have started recording trekkers detail and issuing TIMS Card to trekkers.
If you want trekking in Nepal, are required to receive TIMS Card through any one of the following : –
– Call us or book the trip with us, we offer you the TIMS Permits within cheaper price.
– Kathmandu (NTB Office, TAAN Office, and Government registered trekking Companies),
– Pokhara (NTB Office, TAAN Office, and Government registered trekking Companies)
– Opening Hour/s: TIMS counter at Government registered trekking Companies will remain open 12 hours a day all the seven days a week round the year,
– TIMS counter at TAAN/NTB Office will follow government working hour/days.
– To obtain TIMS Card you need copy of Passport and two copies of Passport-size Photographs.
Importance and Necessity of TIMS?
The following considerations have been taken on process of issuing TIMS permits– All important details of trekkers and trekking routes shall be maintained on a computerized Database Management System that may be useful for safety and security of trekkers. To help carry out search and rescue operations for trekkers in case of natural calamities and other accidents by means of Authentic Information Service. To maintain a record system that includes personal details of trekkers, trekking area, trekking routes, handling agencies, duration, etc.