What is TIMS ? and how to get TIMS permits for your trek in Nepal?
TIMS is called Trekkers information Management System. TIMS only you get through Nepal government registered trekking agency. Our company / agency Gokyo Treks and Expedition provides Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) permit only who agree to take our service on their Trip. Thanking you for your good understand about it.
With the distinction of Nepal as a trekking destination and its growing charm, a provision of Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) has been implemented to control illegal trekking operations and ensure safety and security of the trekkers in general trekking areas through the mechanism of Prompt Information Service as and when required .
The past experiences have shown that difficulties have been faced while carrying out rescue operations promptly during the times of accidents and natural calamities. Because of lack of proper record system of trekkers, their exact whereabouts and the information about trekking routes, rescue and search missions used to face difficulties in spotting the trekkers missing. The provision of Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) has come into force and updated from April 1st 2010. Trekking Agencies Association of Nepal (TAAN) and Nepal Tourism Board (NTB) have started recording trekkers detail and issuing TIMS Card to trekkers.
Where and how to obtain TIMS Card?
The visiting tourists, who are interested to general trekking areas of Nepal, are required to receive TIMS Card through any one of the following : –
– Call us or book the trip with us, we offer you the TIMS Permits within cheaper price.
– Kathmandu (NTB Office, TAAN Office, and Government registered trekking Companies),
– Pokhara (NTB Office, TAAN Office, and Government registered trekking Companies)
– Opening Hour/s: TIMS counter at Government registered trekking Companies will remain open 12 hours a day all the seven days a week round the year,
– TIMS counter at TAAN/NTB Office will follow government working hour/days.
– To obtain TIMS Card you need copy of Passport and two copies of Passport-size Photographs.
Importance and Necessity of TIMS?
The following considerations have been taken into account in the process of issuing TIMS:
– All important details of trekkers and trekking routes shall be maintained on a computerized Database Management System that may be useful for safety and security of trekkers. To help carry out search and rescue operations for trekkers in case of natural calamities and other accidents by means of Authentic Information Service. To maintain a record system that includes personal details of trekkers, trekking area, trekking routes, handling agencies, duration, etc. The data generated from the system will be useful to all stakeholders:- tourism organizations, Government agencies, diplomatic missions, tour operators, research institute, etc.
– Unauthorized trekking operations will be controlled, thus, resulting into better management of trekking service and in benefit of all concerned :- trekkers, agencies, field staff, Government, etc. and also occasional untoward incidents will be better prevented.
Thus, as we are a responsible and trusted trekking tour operator local company of Nepal, we help you to get official TIMS Permits for your trekking in Nepal.
Cost & Departures
Your Trip Your Style!
ITINERARY, COST, DEPARTURES, will adjusted according to your GROUP SIZE NEED TIME
Book with Confidence
Reference Person of Gokyo Treks
Contact in Germany
Klaus Kummer : +49-367-2351-957
Roland Stich: +49-0271-870-031
Dr. Lars : +49-3641-5395-160
Contact in USA
John Erwin: 212-222-6389
Beth Pekol, Chicago: +1 312-364-8924
Eve Quesnel, California: 530-5879-113
Contact in Australia
Dr. Rob Hilton: +61-0433-853-560
Dr. Chris Hislers: +61-419-556-381
Contact in Austria
Verena Laner: +43-650-7110-301