Certificate of excellence winner
For 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018

24/7 What'sApp Support

+977 9841249988(Ammar)




Frequently asked questions (FAQ) for trekking in Nepal

Question: How can I find out more about one of your treks?

Answer: If you are interested about trekking in Nepal Himalayas, Click Here. however if you wish to have a details trekking tour packages, discount offer and group join trekking tours than you can find in our websites. In case if you havent found any one than do kindly write us an email for link request. You can use our contact form or send us an email at: info@sundarnepal.com

Question: How many hours will I need to walk per day during the trek?

Answer: It depends upon the trek routes you are going to. Most of the trekking areas you need to walk around 3 hrs before lunch break and 2 hrs after lunch. Sometime you need to walk 8-9 hrs per day when you are exploring some longer and higher treks. As you are choosing lodge basis trekking, you are fully dependent upon local lodges for accommodation and other provisions. In case of a Full Catered Camping trek, it is up to you how far you want to walk each day, you are not governed by particular destination. You have all the provisions carried along by our porters and other trekking crews.

Question: How should we fuel ourselves during the trek?

Answer: During a guest House Trek you can stay in a lodge and buy food there. Many lodges offer a menu consisting of a wide range of food items especially in popular trekking areas. On the other hand our trained guide and experience porters have the ideas to keep you fit all round your trekking time.

For the Full Catered Camping Trek we prepare almost pure and organic cooked by our professional cook. We offer you every day delicious meal. We arrange everything before you set off for trekking. Our trained trekking cooks will prepare food for you. The items of tinned food available in Kathmandu may have a slightly different taste, though the foods are very hygienic and nutritious.

Question: In case of rescue or evacuation?

Answer: As we are an active members of Himalayan Rescue Association, getting any help to our clients is quick. Gokyo Treks and Expeditions pride itself on being prepared for any emergency situation. Our guides are trained in first aid and can help with most of the basic ailments that occur during a trek. But if a serious emergency occurs, then outside help is needed. Every client should have your own insurance before coming to Nepal. If you don’t have good insurance yet, do let us know so we help you to find good insurance company in your country. However, If an emergency occurs, Gokyo Treks and Expeditions will initially cover the cost of an evacuation until your insurance company delivers payment.

Question: What do you mean by a Tea House Trekking?

Answer: A tea house is similar like guest house. Guest house trek can be done only on the popular trails, such as the Annapurna Circuit, Langtang, Manaslu or the Everest trekking routes. A guide and some porters take care of leading the tour and carrying the luggage and equipment respectively. ‘As each day comes to an end, the guide will assist you in choosing a Tea House, to sleep at, from among those that line the trails, He will also give you an advice on what may be safely eaten.

Question: What do you mean by fully organized trekking?

Answer: If you travel with a group or into areas without tea houses, you might consider camping for a truly independent outdoor experience. In this case you will have a kitchen staff that will prepare every meal onsite according to your preferences. Tents, mats, food, and all necessary equipment will be provided. Sherpa staff will watch over the campsite. Please be sure to discuss the menu details with your guide, so that he can provide options that suit both your taste and budget.

Question: What will happen if I get sick during the trekking ?

Answer: Either you will get better, or if it seems serious we will evacuate you with Helicopter and will be taken to Hospital in Kathmandu where you’ll get excellent attention. Gokyo Treks staffs are well trained in medical and emergency care and carry a reasonably comprehensive first aid kit.

Question: What will happen if I get injured ?

Answer: It depends on your condition, if it is serious case (never happened yet and hopefully even not in future). You will again be taken care by our staff. If evacuation is required this will be arranged by Gokyo Treks. It’s advised that if you have any personal doubts you should have evacuation insurance arranged. We advise you before departure time.

Question: Will I get sick ?

Answer: Not likely. The worst is you may get some diarrhea or temporary stomach upset. In case if you have any sickness than consult with your expert guide.

Question: What is the accommodation like ?

Answer: This varies between the various styles of our tours. At minimum it will be comfortable, clean and basic ‘tea house’ accommodation, much like a cottage during trek. These offer basic facilities, many with hot water and showers, good but simple foods and a chance to experience local culture, while in Kathmandu from 3 to 5 star hotels. Please check it out before you book a trip.

There’s also deluxe tented accommodations with all services provided but it depends upon the clients interest and request on booking time. Our company has its own full range of camping and cooking equipment to be sure our standards are maintained and this we offer when you book a Camping trek. Our company always likes to offer accommodations that blend & complement the nature of your tour but It’s also depends on price!

Question: What is the food like ?

Answer: Vegetarian and non-Veg. Good and exactly what you need for energy. The cook will provide anything from pizza to curry, and scrambled eggs to chocolate cake. In Guest house treks you’ll have a full menu available to choose from. You will not go hungry and we welcome suggestions.

Question: How cold will it be ?

Answer: Depends on the season of course and generally it’s comfortable tours/treks. Please ask for more details based on the tour of your preference. You could be trekking in a T-shirt or with a wind breaker, but mostly the days are fine and the evenings cool to chilly. For Kathmandu valley it is just perfect for most of the time. If you are doing treks above 4000m in winter then it could get -10 degree Celsius at the most.

Question: Is there any amenities like telephone to call in trekking routes ?

Answer: Kathmandu and many places we visit are linked to a phone system with Cell phone, STD and ISD facilities. Most of our cities of Nepal, there are all the facilities you need including fax and full internet / e-mail. If you are doing trek in completely remote area of the country like Dolpo, Kanchenjunga then you will have no access for any communication just for few days to few weeks.

Question: How much money do I need ?

Answer:Difficult answer ! You may need money for a taxi transfer, for a beer, presents and tips. If you do not intend to buy lots of gifts and are not intending to extend your stay, then for a week US$300 should be okey. But have contingency plans (credit card?) just in case. It also depends on your Gokyo treks company tour package and what’s included.

Question: How hard is trekking ?

Answer: Depending on what sort of tour/treks you are taking. Mostly tours featured in this site are easy so simple healthy people can enjoy a tour. For trekking you most be fit enough to trek about 6 hours a day. We have given grading for all the tours/treks featured in this site so please look at the grading system for more details.

Question: Can I arrange an extension ?

Answer: Yes, and there is a huge range of great activities that Gokyo Treks & Expedition can introduce you to. We can assist with culture tours to all adventure activities in the region. Gokyo treks company also runs "Trips in Bhutan , special package tour in India , Sikkim , Ladakh, Lhasa.

Question: What will I need to carry on the trek ?

Answer: Our porter will carry all of your belongings. The most you will need is water, maybe extra clothing (windbreaker) if the weather is changeable and your camera etc. You should check on this when you are booking your trip however if you are a mountaineer then you should be able to carry about 15-20 KG.

Question: Can I join a group trek ?

Answer: Please visit our website for a list of our scheduled group departure trekking tours Click Here. If one of these does not fit your schedule, we can arrange a special trek for you, whether you are traveling alone or with a few friends.

Question: What is the maximum weight allowed on domestic flights ?

Answer: The normal weight limit is 15 kilogram’s for all domestic flights.

Question: How many extra days should I allow in case of flight cancellation ?

Answer: It depends on the location where you are, If you are flying from a remote mountain airstrip like Lukla, Jomsom, Simikot, Taplejung and Dolpo, we should keep at least two spare days before your departure for home.

Question: Is a trekking permit required ?

Answer: Yes. However, we do require your passport details in advance in order to make the permits. They are National park, Conservation and TIMS permit. For the details about entrance fee Click Here

Question: Are Gokyo Treks and their trekking and climbing crew insured ?

Answer: Everyone has good insurance such as Mountain Guide, Sherpas, and porter. Click Here

Question: What arrangements for drinking water are made while on trek ?

Answer: You should bring a one liters water bottle with you on the trek. We recommend you to purify water yourself using iodine in order to save scarce fuel. You can also buy mineral water if you trek like in Annapurna, Manaslu, Everest ir on langtang areas.

Question: Can I go trekking in the monsoon time ?

Answer: It is not very good trekking during the monsoon season from June to August except treks in the Himalayan rain shadow like Mustang and mount Kailash. You can do the trip to Mustang, Dolpa, Kailash any time except winter.


Nepal Government logo Nepal Tourism Division Nepal Mountaineering Association Trekking Agencies Association of Nepal

serving since
Nepal Government